Website Danone North America
Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Sanitation Associate in their Springfield, Oregon manufacturing facility.
The Sanitation Associate primary responsibility is cleaning and sanitizing for food production. The Sanitation Associate will safely disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble equipment; inspect and verify equipment cleanliness; complete sanitation duties utilizing hoses, sanitation equipment, CIP and COP systems, and manual scrubbing; and working with food grade chemicals.
• Work in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
• Maintain knowledge of the use and storage of chemicals.
• Follow specifications, policies, and procedures to guarantee uniformity.
• Operate machinery to wash and sanitize: CIP (clean in place) and COP (clean out of place).
• Disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble equipment.
• Environmental cleaning of floor, drain, walls, ceiling, overhead pipes, and overhead fans.
• Inspect and verify equipment cleanliness.
• Proactively identify, communicate, and follow-up on mechanical issues.
• Maintain complete, accurate, and legible written records.
• Work in a cooperative and respectful manner, communicating effectively.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED equivalent is required, some college preferred.
• Prefer 6 months of successful work experience that involves accuracy, dependability, and teamwork, ideally in food production.
• Basic computer skills (Keyboarding, email, web form data entry). Must be able to fill out an online application completely and accurately, demonstrating attention to detail.
• High mechanical aptitude is preferred, as promotional opportunities typically rely on a strong mechanical aptitude.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Maintains a safe working environment, functioning as a member of a cooperative team and safely performs job duties.
• Must follow all safety procedures and guidelines. Consistently adheres to safety policies such as lockout tagout.
• Must be able to read and write, interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Understand complex written information and instructions, such as MSDS sheets, safety policies, GMP requirements, policies and procedures.
• Flexibility to work weekends, shifts, and overtime
• Good working knowledge of CIP systems and chemicals used in cleaning.
• Knowledge and strict adherence to Good Manufacturing Process (GMP’s)
• Ability to comprehend and follow complex instructions
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Ability to demonstrate superb decision-making ability to determine best course of action
• Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets
• Must be self-motivated to conduct the work
• Must be able to work in confined spaces
• Must be able to routinely bend, crawl and squat
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, bend, and twist.
The employee must regularly lift, handle, and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift, handle, and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.danone.com.