Website East West Tea Company
Receiving & Tea Support Associate
If you are passionate about promoting exceptional, high quality wellness products that provide world class flavor and function and are looking to join a high functioning, progressive team in a company that promotes creativity, collaboration and supports excellence – look no further!
The Receiving Department at East West Tea Company is searching for an experienced person to work in our warehouse. This role includes raw material, packaging, product handling, order fulfillment and general warehouse responsibilities. This person will interact with our production and warehouse teams on a daily basis and be an essential part of our operations. The ideal candidate will have previous material handling experience in a food production environment, have great attention to detail, be a self starter that managed their time effectively, be able to communicate positively and work in a collaborative team setting.
We are currently sourcing for two positions on two separate shifts:
1) Monday – Friday from 5am – 1:30pm
2) Monday – Friday from 1:00pm – 9:30pm
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Product Handling:
- Assist with receiving raw material, packaging materials and other supplies into warehouse; verify quantity, item number, and lot
- Perform stock rotation to ensure product stored in alignment with FEFO
- Palletize product in accordance with established guidelines and department specific requirements
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and shrink wrapping equipment – see job requirements
- Perform inventory counts as requested
- Communicate all questions relating to product quality, quantity accuracy and any receiving notes to Lead Receiver or Manager immediately
- Order Fulfillment (if assisting in finished goods department):
- Pick product accurately – see job requirements
- Follow established guidelines to ensure document accuracy (especially in the case of back orders and multiple pickers on a given order)
- Communicate all questions relating to product quality, order accuracy, pick list notes, or order fulfillment to Shipping Administrator, Lead or Customer Service
- General Warehouse:
- Complete computer transactions and paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Support team initiatives and special projects as required
- Provide back-up to other functional areas within the warehouse
- Pick up trash, broken pallet splinters etc. and deposit in appropriate receptacles
- Follow GMPs & Safety guidelines, including appropriate wardrobe, hair coverings, personal protective equipment and footwear at all times.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and courtesy to others
- Ability to load and unload all sizes of trucks using a forklift.
- Enter data accurately and completely into computer system.
- Write legibly on all documents
- Complete paperwork uniformly and consistently
- Understand and follow posted, written and verbal work instructions
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure
- Work flexible schedule as needed (seasonally or otherwise)
- Maintain positive working relationships with carriers, vendors, and all levels within the organization (internal customers)
- Operate company equipment in a safe and courteous manner at all times
- Receive and give direction in a constructive and professional manner.
- Competently use computers including Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems
- Work is done primarily in a warehouse or factory environment with exposure to noise and machinery.
- May involve frequent exposure to production environment which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, forklifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Repeated climbing in and out of forklift, scissor lifts and ladders
- Finger dexterity is required as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull.
- Lifting and twisting along with considerable walking on concrete floors
- Pushing or pulling non-motorized rolling warehouse equipment.
- Work involves considerable standing, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time and can include lifting and carrying packages that typically weigh less than 50lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to safely operate a forklift (facility specific training will be given)
- Ability to load and unload truck trailers of all sizes
- Previous experience in general warehouse, material handling and or shipping experience.
East West Tea Company, manufacturer of both Yogi and Choice Organic teas, is a leader in the natural tea category. We are intentional about the specialized herbal formulas we create, use the highest-quality natural and organic ingredients in our blends and support and grow our people as well as constantly evolve our efforts to help sustain our planet.
Our new 187,000 square foot, LEED certified building in Eugene, Oregon is the only one in the world! It serves as the corporate headquarters for all U.S. employees. These headquarters are where we support our employees by providing a world-class setting with smart technology and open spaces for collaboration and inspiration while minimizing environmental stress. We have exceptional benefits, provide paid time to volunteer in the community and provide a culture of psychological safety – encouraging creativity in all careers.
Please apply by submitting your resume or application on our Career Site. We look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity.
East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each persons’ individuality and unique talents. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.