Website East West Tea Company
East West Tea Company’s quality department is searching for new Sanitation Technicians to join our team! We are looking for dedicated individuals that are interested in working in traditional janitorial settings like offices and break room areas but who would also like the variety of working in our tea production facility. The successful candidate for this position will be dependable, interested in contributing to our food defense and safety programs as well as pay strict attention to detail while taking pride in their work and actively participating in teamwork.
The schedules for this position work non-traditional weekly hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Sanitation Technicians are responsible for ensuring the facilities are cleaned, well maintained, and in good condition. This role may support production areas with sanitizing equipment and cleaning production rooms. Employees will work independently or as part of a team assigned to clean designated facilities.
Supervision Received/Exercised: This position receives direct supervision from the Quality Control / Sanitation Supervisor and does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Job Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clean all common areas including break rooms, restrooms, and pedestrian traffic areas
- Clean all office areas, QC, receiving, sample booth, quality and research & development labs/kitchens
- Sweep, mop, scrub warehouse aisles, general dusting and cleaning duties
- Follow Good Manufacturing and individual personal hygiene practices at all times.
- Follow all safety policies/procedures with emphasis on chemical dispensing and usage. Report any unsafe or unsanitary conditions immediately to supervisor on duty.
- Maintain daily reports and records as assigned.
- Complete all other tasks/duties as assigned by Supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Current GMPs and the Golden Rules of Safety
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies for the protection of people, data, and property.
- Hazmat and spill control practices.
- Work on a team proactively providing assistance to other members
- Work safely
- Follow detailed instructions
- Be careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks in their assigned order
- Be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Read, write and perform basic math computations
- Learn and use computers and software
- Effective communication
- Dependability and exceptional attention to detail
- Organization of materials and schedules
- Being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Actively looking for ways to help people
- This position will work in all work environments: production, warehouse, office and outdoors.
- Exposure to dust, noise, water, chemicals, heat and moving machinery.
- Will work in areas with fluctuating temperature extremes as well as areas that will be wet.
- Required uniform includes safety shoes and company issued uniform.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work on a cement, often wet, floor
- Stand for long periods of time
- Work from ladders, stationary and mobile platforms
- 1 year of experience in sanitation in a food manufacturing facility or hospital
- High School education or equivalent
- Required to work off shift and week end schedules
Our brand new 187,000 square foot building in Eugene, Oregon brings all U.S. locations, (raw materials, manufacturing and finished goods), together, under one roof. We are very proud to be a LEED certified tea-manufacturing facility. We believe we are the first LEED certified tea manufacturer in the world!
This position qualifies for all company benefits, including annual bonuses, exceptional health, dental, vision and alternative care, life and disability insurance. Retirement benefits, paid time off and company paid gym memberships as well as options for supplemental insurance and flexible spending accounts available.
East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each person’s individuality and unique talents. We honor diversity and inclusion and look forward to the opportunity to review your qualifications for the job. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.
Please submit your resume and apply on our career center today! We are looking forward to meeting you!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.