Website East West Tea Company
We exist to inspire! East West Tea Company, parent company to Yogi and Choice Organic Tea brands, is searching for a talented and passionate Receiving Associate to join our team for the busy season. Reporting to the Receiving & Safety Supervisor, the Seasonal Receiving Associate will work closely with the Receiving team including, Warehouse, Production, Quality and cross-functional groups to insure the efficient reception and internal distribution of tea ingredients, packaging and other received shipments.
This role includes raw material, packaging, product handling, order fulfillment and general warehouse responsibilities. This person will interact with our production and warehouse teams on a daily basis and be an essential part of our operations.
The duration of this SEASONAL POSITION is expected to be approximately 6 months (through February 2021).
The schedule for this position will be M-F (with occasional Saturday work as business needs dictate), from 7am – 3:30pm.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with receiving raw material, packaging materials and other supplies into warehouse; verify quantity, item number, and lot
- Perform stock rotation to ensure product stored in alignment with FEFO
- Palletize product in accordance with established guidelines and department specific requirements
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and shrink wrapping equipment – see job requirements
- Perform inventory counts as requested
- Communicate all questions relating to product quality, quantity accuracy and any receiving notes to Lead Receiver or Manager immediately
Order Fulfillment (if assisting in finished goods department):
- Pick product accurately – see job requirements
- Follow established guidelines to ensure document accuracy (especially in the case of back orders and multiple pickers on a given order)
- Communicate all questions relating to product quality, order accuracy, pick list notes, or order fulfillment to Shipping Administrator, Lead or Customer Service
- Complete computer transactions and paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Support team initiatives and special projects as required
- Provide back-up to other functional areas within the warehouse
- Pick up trash, broken pallet splinters etc. and deposit in appropriate receptacles
- Follow GMPs & Safety guidelines, including appropriate wardrobe, hair coverings, personal protective equipment and footwear at all times.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and courtesy to others
- Ability to load and unload all sizes of trucks using a forklift.
- Enter data accurately and completely into computer system.
- Write legibly on all documents
- Complete paperwork uniformly and consistently
- Understand and follow posted, written and verbal work instructions
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure
- Work flexible schedule as needed (seasonally or otherwise)
- Maintain positive working relationships with carriers, vendors, and all levels within the organization (internal customers)
- Operate company equipment in a safe and courteous manner at all times
- Receive and give direction in a constructive and professional manner.
- Competently use computers including Microsoft Office Suite and other software systems
- Work is done primarily in a warehouse or factory environment with exposure to noise and machinery.
- May involve frequent exposure to production environment which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, forklifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Repeated climbing in and out of forklift, scissor lifts and ladders
- Finger dexterity is required as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull.
- Lifting and twisting along with considerable walking on concrete floors
- Pushing or pulling non-motorized rolling warehouse equipment.
- Work involves considerable standing, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time and can include lifting and carrying packages that typically weigh less than 50lbs.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift (facility specific training will be given)
- Ability to load and unload truck trailers of all sizes
- Previous experience in general warehouse, material handling and or shipping experience.
East West Tea Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value and respect each persons’ individuality and unique talents. It is the strength of our people and our guiding principle that have contributed to East West Tea’s leadership and continued success in the natural tea category.
This position qualifies for all company benefits, including an annual bonus, exceptional health, dental, vision and alternative care, life and disability insurance. Retirement benefits, generous paid time off and a company paid gym membership as well as options for supplemental insurance benefits. We provide paid time to volunteer in the community, opportunities for involvement in planning Company events and a chance to participate in company sponsored groups such as the Fun Team, Safety Committee, Green Team and more.
Please apply on our Career Page and attach your resume for review. We look forward to meeting you!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.