Website Farwest Steel
Shift: Day shift position available
Purpose of the Position:
Assists the press brake operator in running the press brake to form customer specific parts to the tolerances called out on the provided drawing. Utilizes the appropriate tools and equipment necessary to service the customer’s needs and add value to sales.
- Assisting the press brake operator while forming parts as well as identifying parts associated with a specific order, insure all parts are formed to the tolerances called out on the customer drawing.
- Mark and package all parts per instructions on the work order, while maintaining and following all company processes and procedures.
- Operate forklifts, jib cranes, and overhead cranes to properly handle parts into and out of the press brake while forming parts.
- Assist in identifying all questionable quality issues and present them for review by the machine operator or lead/supervisor to ensure that customer expectations are met on every order.
- Increase process flow and delivery response by assisting other employees in your department. Locate and pull parts from staging areas and stage finished product in proper staging areas when complete.
- Assist in preparing material for delivery, with emphasis on safety while enhancing customer satisfaction through accuracy and product quality. Keeping orders filled and product staged to ensure on time deliveries.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and related shifts.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Warehouse training or prior experience of at least 12 months preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English to be able to follow written instructions and record work activities performed.
- Math ability to figure piece counts and read a tape measure etc. including converting decimals to fractions and vise versa.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
To apply for this job please visit farweststeel.applytojob.com.