Website Farwest Steel
Availability: 1 Swing shift position
Purpose of Position: Safely and accurately, fill orders with stock material or processed parts. Assist machine operators and operate various machines and equipment necessary to service customer needs and add value to sales. Move material from trucks and railcars. Follow standard operating procedures.
- Pull material, filling orders, preparing material for delivery, with emphasis on safety while enhancing customer satisfaction through accuracy and product quality.
- Keeping orders filled to ensure on time deliveries.
- Efficiently move material from trucks and railcars, restocking racks utilizing Farwest procedures and equipment to protect personal and material quality.
- Assist machine operators, preparing parts for packaging and delivery per customer requirements and safe transport.
- Ability to operate all machines in the warehouse.
- Drive forklifts safely in designated facility areas.
- Required maintenance and safety duties that include attending safety and production meetings and constant monitoring of tools and equipment that ensure safe operation and minimal downtime.
- Assist Will Call customers by filling and loading their material in a professional manner.
- Assisting sales staff with warehouse and inventory questions and issues.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Basic understanding of warehouse functions and equipment operation.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others in our company and treat our employees and customers with respect, courtesy and tact.
- Perform routine office support, understand written and oral instruction
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit farweststeel.applytojob.com.