Website First Community Credit Union
You are a perfect match for our Credit Union!
The Teller position is a key role at First Community and affords a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits. Opportunities abound to provide exceptional service while promoting our wide array of financial products and services. Employees who are successful in making referrals are eligible for monthly incentives.
Enthusiastic and outgoing individual can showcase their relationship building skills to enhance our customer banking experience. You will join a team of motivated, dedicated and empowered employees who strive to provide superior service and conduct accurate transactions, while complying with policies, procedures and regulatory banking requirements.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a proven track record in customer service and public relations. Proficiency in basic computer, data entry and typing skills is required.
Must demonstrate a positive attitude, a professional image, and be self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Represents the Credit Union to the members in a friendly, positive, and professional manner greeting members and guests as they enter the facility and during their visit.
- Provides prompt, efficient, confidential, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Learns to recognize member’s needs for services, and presents and refers them appropriately.
- Handles all monetary transactions for members (i.e., deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, miscellaneous receipts) and other normal inquiries including examines checks for endorsements.
- Orders daily supply of cash, balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Determines acceptability of negotiable items and of member identification.
- Maintains cash drawer at a predetermined dollar level and requests additional cash as needed.
- Maintains proper security of all negotiable items.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds as deemed necessary.
- Answers basic member questions regarding their accounts (i.e., current balance, checks cleared).
- Sell products and services as deemed appropriate for the specific member.
- Responds to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or directs them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Be able to handle different situations; i.e., demonstrate versatility.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Responsible to develop and maintain a high level of product service knowledge.
- Recognize/listen to member requests and/or concerns and identify their needs.
- Assist with information gathering.
- Adequately perform all operational functions.
- Provide other functions as requested.
- Confidentiality is of utmost importance.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 60 lbs.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time may be required.
- Repetitive motions and extensive keyboarding may be required.
**Equal opportunity employer, including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.