Website Kaiser Permanente
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of designated housekeeping duties in the various hospitals, clinics and houses, following routine or established procedures.
- Clean assigned areas by washing furnishing, walls, floors and equipment with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent spread of disease.
- Sanitize and polish sinks, mirrors, tubs and similar equipment.
- Replenish supplies of soap, towels and other dispensable items.
- Strip, wash and make beds in prescribed manner following correct discharge procedures.
- Collect soiled linen and transport to appropriate storage area.
- Empty waste baskets and ashtrays and arrange furniture in an orderly manner.
- Collect trash and infectious waste and dispose properly.
- Move furniture, supplies and miscellaneous related items.
- Clean mirrors, ledges, vents, light fixtures, fire extinguisher, cabinets, baseboards, bathroom fixtures and corners.
- Vacuum carpets and dust blinds.
- Spot and steam clean carpets.
- Refinish tile floors.
- Steam clean beds, stretchers and gurneys, and other rolling-stock equipment as assigned.
- Report mechanical failures and negative conditions as observed.
- At the end of shift, return unused supplies to utility rooms, leave soiled linen and trash in designated areas and clean cart and equipment.
- Follow established infection control protocol in terms of observing universal precautions and isolation cleaning procedures.
- Identify safety issues and report them as soon as possible to their immediate supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Housekeeping (environmental hygiene) experience.
- Must be able to understand oral & written communication
- Able to stand and walk majority of shift, and ability to lift, bend, reach and twist repetitively.
- Able to lift 35 pounds frequently, 60 pounds occasionally, and push carts weighing up to 350 lbs.
- Commercial/Medical housekeeping experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.