Website Oregon BottleDrop
You: You like keeping busy so that your shifts fly by. You don’t want to sit at a desk all day, and like a job that keeps you moving, requiring strength and stamina! You like a warehouse environment and think our compaction equipment in the back room is kinda cool. You love the environment and want to keep Oregon beautiful for generations to come. Oh, and you aren’t afraid to get a little dirty.
Us: We take pride that what we do every day creates a cleaner, greener Oregon. We keep things moving and keep over 138 million pounds of beverage containers out of our landfills each year! We take care of our customers by making the process of returning deposit containers fast, clean and convenient! And did we mention we are willing to get a little dirty to keep Oregon clean?
We are looking for hard working people with attention to detail to operate a variety of equipment that sorts, counts, and moves empty beverage containers.
No experience? No worries! We have amazing supervisors that are here to train you! We’ll teach you cleaning, maintenance and basic troubleshooting of Redemption Center equipment, including an electric pallet jack. And most importantly, we’ll train you to do it all safely.
One more thing, we require a pre-employment drug screen for amphetamine/methamphetamine, barbiturates, cocaine metabolite and opiates. We recognize that marijuana is legal in the state of Oregon so it is not included in the drug screen.
We have flexible schedules and amazing teams! We are a stable company that is growing quickly with 6 new BottleDrop Redemption Centers opening every year! Come join us – we look forward to hearing from you!
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Receive, stack and process empty beverage containers
- Cleaning and maintenance of compaction and sort equipment
- Safe and proper operation of equipment
- Safely operate an electric pallet jack
- BottleDrop is a drug free work environment and a pre-employment drug screen is required
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, and overtime as necessary
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, sufficient to perform the job and communicate mechanical maintenance needs
- Safely work on top of, around and under machinery and conveyors
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Stand for an extended time period on concrete floor
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans for Full-Time employees
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative (OBRC) is a member-owned, cooperative corporation in charge of picking up and processing nearly 100% of all containers redeemed in Oregon. We pick up from over 2,700 retailers and OBRC’s BottleDrop Redemption Centers across the state, and recycle millions of containers a day. As a result of what we do, more than 138 million pounds of beverage containers stay out of our landfills each year, and we all enjoy a cleaner, greener Oregon. OBRC is a growing company looking for motivated individuals to join our team and help make Oregon’s bottle bill a continued success.
You may learn more about BottleDrop centers at www.bottledropcenters.com
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.