Website Mountain Rose Herbs
Dried Material Processing
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Mountain Rose Herbs is looking for Dried Material Mill Operators. This position is responsible for the processing of herbs, spices, and teas sold by Mountain Rose Herbs, keeping inventory records, removing extraneous matter from products, labeling, attention to detail, and more.
General Description: This is a full time, fast paced position operating Mon-Thurs from 6:00 AM-5:30 PM which requires working under strict deadlines and strict food handling procedures. Responsible for sanitation of equipment and rooms according to FDA and GMP guidelines.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Heavy lifting is required (50 to 70 pounds).
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Must have the ability to follow documentation practices and accurately fill out records and work orders clearly and concisely.
- Must have the ability to communicate competently with Mill Manager and Lead, particularly for any questions, concerns or issues that arise.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and work well with others, in a team orientated environment and to be a self-starter.
- Position requires the ability to “shift gears” at a moment’s notice and have a Professional Attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Knowledge of FDA, OSHA, and all GMP procedures and protocols as it pertains to food processing.
- Mechanically inclined and Problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of LOTO and the ability to follow LOTO and other safety procedures.
- Responsible for the processing of raw material into a finished product that meets or exceeds Quality and Customer standards and expectations. Complete multiple orders per day.
- Keep highly accurate and detailed inventory records on all movements of herbs, spices, and teas.
- Printing labels as needed for herbs using keyboard and mouse.
- Properly applying labels to and filling appropriate size bags with bulk material: using appropriate scoop(s), cleaning and closing the bag by hand.
- Ensuring material Lot Number accuracy.
- Attention to quality of the products while filling and bringing any potential problems to the attention of the Mill Manager or Lead.
- Cleaning and sanitizing ALL Equipment, carts and scoops daily and between each run with Compressed Air, pump sprayers and clean towels.
- Preparing freight orders for shipment.
- Completing all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the accuracy of lot numbers printed on the labels for the herbs, spices and teas.
- Communicate with the Mill Manager about quality and equipment issues.
- Willingness to learn and perform new procedures, equipment, and technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Physical requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Lifting to 50 pounds continuously.
- Bending at knees and at waist associated with retrieving these products.
- Being on one’s feet most of the day.
- Associated twisting, bending, pulling and pushing as necessary.
- Bag closing by hand.
- Scooping with various sizes of metal scoops.
- Reaching into herb tubs, bags, boxes and barrels to retrieve material.
- Pushing and pulling up to 70 pounds.
- Fast pace environment
- Exposure to herb dust and strong aromatics
- Sanitation equipment
- Processing machines and other associated equipment for processing/bagging finished product.
- Forklift and hand trucks
- Computer with keyboard and mouse, along with printers and label machines
- Other necessary equipment with proper training and safety precautions in place.
To apply for this job please visit info.mountainroseherbs.com.