Website Oregon Ice Cream Co.
Production Operator is responsible for operation and maintenance of equipment to ensure that machines are working to their fullest capacity at all times. Expected to establish and maintain quality product. Ability to document clear and accurate information for product traceability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Effectively and safely operate and maintain the assigned machine and all related equipment to ensure all daily orders are met.
- Knows all safety aspects of the machine, recognizes any abnormalities in operations and makes adjustments as needed.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Monitor product to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Ability to communicate with employees, leads and supervisors on type of product being produced.
- Responsible for programing printer ensuring proper labeling on all cartons for traceability.
- Ability to switch over production line between product runs.
- Responsible for monitoring metal detector and other food safety systems, communicating problems to QA or Production Manager.
- Closely monitor production process following standard operating procedures for batching and processing.
- Follow recipes, selecting and accurately measuring ingredients to produce food products for specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, and/or color.
- Able to follow color code to prevent cross contamination.
- Must follow all safety rules, GMPs and company guidelines.
- Work in a fast pace, repetitive environment. Must be able to package product at the speed the line equipment is running.
- Work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Follow established SOP’s and verbal work instructions; participate in a safe and respectful work environment.
- Maintain food safety and food quality through completing job task and maintaining work areas in a sanitary manner.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Participate in food safety training.
- Collaboratively perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English effectively.
Oregon Ice Cream contains office, manufacturing and outdoor workspaces where this position is required to access and work. A person must be able to walk, sit and climb stairs; see; hear and talk; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Frequently lifting/moving up to 50lbs is also required; occasional lifting/transferring of objects may be required with assistance up to 75 lbs.
Education – Experience – Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Communication skills are a must. Ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively at all levels with all people.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining clam and working effectively under pressure.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of weight and volume measurements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Great people skills and be passionate about food and ice cream.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.