Website Oregon Ice Cream Co.
Plant Production employees are responsible for proper production and packing of products. General expectation include ensuring proper amount of product and cartons are packed depending on product type. Ensure wrap and cartons are sealed correctly. Able to keep up with line speed when packaging.
- Ability to document clear and accurate information for product traceability.
- Packaging of finished product.
- Ability to communicate with operators, leads and supervisors on type of product being produced.
- Ensure food safety and quality through visual inspection of the finished product seal and wrapper.
- Ensuring the proper print on all cartons for tractability.
- Ensuring master case is being printed and sealed.
- Able to follow color code to prevent cross contamination.
- Removal of empty wrappers and cartons off the line into waste bin.
- Responsible for monitoring the equipment and informing machine operators of problems.
- Visually inspect product for deficiencies.
- Must follow safety rules, GMPs and company guidelines.
- Work in a fast pace, repetitive environment. Must be able to package product at the speed the line equipment is running.
- Work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Follow established SOP’s and verbal work instructions; participate in a safe and respectful work environment.
- Maintain food safety and food quality through completing job task and maintaining work areas in a sanitary manner.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Participate in food safety training.
- Participate in a safe, food safe and respectful work environment, by following company policies, processes and SOPs and proactively communicating concerns or ideas
Collaboratively perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English effectively.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of 6 months related experience in a food manufacturing or similar environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of weight and volume measurements.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and working effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language; speak, understand, and read written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform required tasks safely, in a fast paced work environment; ensuring food safety, quality and efficiency standards are achieved
- Positive attitude and a passion for quality food and ice cream a plus!
May require overtime as work load demands.
Work Environment/Physical Capabilities:
Oregon Ice Cream contains office, manufacturing and outdoor workspaces where this position is required to access and work. A person must be able to walk, sit and climb stairs; see; hear and talk; use hands to finger, handle or feel tools or controls; use hands and arms to reach. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 50lbs is also required; occasional lifting/transferring of objects may be required with assistance up to 75 lbs. Continuously living/moving objects of up to 25 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.