Website Oregon Ice Cream Co.
Primary role of Sanitation Tech is cleaning of the plant production equipment and facility to meet food safety, customer quality and worker safety requirements. The Sanitation Technician configures and operates sanitation machinery and equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets control sheets, technician manuals and sanitation standard operating procedures to clean and sanitize food contact surfaces.
This position works 3rd shift.
- Operate cleaning systems and equipment as trained and specified
- Ensure accurate record keeping of performed testing and recording charts are properly documented according to company and regulatory regulations.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area throughout the facility and common areas.
- Ability to perform all other Sanitation jobs in the facility and manage a high paced environment to ensure high manufacturing efficiency and quality.
- Ensures all Safety and Quality Program standards are met in the facility.
- Proven work history with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Help maintain a positive and safe work environment.
- Follow established SOP’s and verbal work instructions.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with employees from all other departments.
- Participate in a safe, food safe and respectful work environment, by following company policies, processes and SOPs and proactively communicating concerns or ideas
- Shall work extra hours to complete assigned tasks including Holiday’s or weekends.
- Ability to pass a background and drug test
- Participate in food safety trainings
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a food manufacturing or similar environment; food manufacturing sanitation preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of weight and volume measurements.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and working effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language; speak, understand, and read written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform required tasks safely, in a fast paced work environment; ensuring food safety, quality and efficiency standards are achieved
- Positive attitude and a passion for quality food and ice cream a plus!
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Oregon Ice Cream contains office, manufacturing and outdoor workspaces where this position is required to access and work. The position requires a person to be able to frequently walk, stand and climb; bend and twist; see, hear and talk; use hands to finger, handle or feel tool, controls or products; use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry tools or products. Frequently lifting/moving up to 50lbs is also required; occasional lifting/transferring of objects may be required with assistance up to 75 lbs. Occasionally pushing/pulling with assistance up to 100 lbs. This positions also requires a person to handle environments of different temperatures and with various food allergens present.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.