Website Oregon Ice Cream Co.
Warehouse Operator is responsible for assisting and covering a variety of warehouse positions and shifts, including shipping and receiving, unloading and loading trucks, staging inventory for production and restocking warehouse returns.
- Work safely while operating material handlers and riding pallet jacks.
- Provide customer service to production department.
- Work closely with Warehouse Manager to complete daily tasks and goals.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment including proper storage of ingredients and packaging.
- Communicate effectively daily both written and orally in a professional manner.
- Cover positions and shifts as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Operate material handlers (sit-down/stand-up), pallet trucks, riding walkie trucks in a safe manner.
- Complete daily inspections on material handlers, pallet trucks, and riding walkie trucks.
- Unload inbound shipments while correctly completing inbound receiving sheet and identifying packages with appropriate labels per company allergen policy.
- Load outbound trucks safely and efficiently adhering to proper load securement and allergen procedures.
- Participate in all safety programs as needed for the department, including but not limited to lock out/tag out, machine guarding, chemical handling, SDS for material used in production activities, and safety meetings.
- Report and correct any safety hazards identified to the appropriate Manager.
- Identify and report any quality assurance issues to QA department immediately.
- Complete carton orders as assigned utilizing FIFO procedures and accurately recording all information.
- Maintain accurate inventory by correctly identifying and recording lot information during all phases of the warehouse process.
- Daily clean work areas as outlined in the daily warehouse sanitation form.
- Return product to the warehouse from the production area while recording quantities and lot information after production runs are complete.
- Maintain proper staging of all ingredients/packaging for three days of production as required.
- Ensure that correct tempering procedures are followed while storing or staging ingredients.
- Check in visitors that request entry into the facility while properly logging them into our online system.
- Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining work areas in a sanitary manner.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Required Holidays and Weekends
- Able to follow color code to prevent cross contamination.
- Must follow all safety rules, GMPs and company guidelines.
- Work in a fast pace, repetitive environment. Must be able to package product at the speed the line equipment is running.
- Work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Participate in a safe, food safe and respectful work environment, by following company policies, processes and SOPs and proactively communicating concerns or ideas
- Perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 months material handling experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of weight and volume measurements.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and working effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language; speak, understand, and read written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform required tasks safely, in a fast paced work environment; ensuring food safety, quality and efficiency standards are achieved
- Positive attitude and a passion for quality food and ice cream a plus!
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Oregon Ice Cream contains office, manufacturing and outdoor workspaces where this position is required to access and work. The position requires a person to be able to frequently walk, stand and climb; bend and twist; see, hear and talk; use hands to finger, handle or feel tool, controls or products; use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry tools or products. Frequently lifting/moving up to 50lbs is also required; occasional lifting/transferring of objects may be required with assistance up to 75 lbs. Occasionally pushing/pulling with assistance up to 650 lbs. This positions also requires a person to handle environments of different temperatures and with various food allergens present.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.