Website Seneca Sawmill
Seneca Sawmill Company is seeking employees for our Production Utility openings at our Noti location. This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door with a reputable organization! We are looking to fill several openings.
The Production Utility position is Seneca’s entry level position. This position involves learning various positions in the mills beginning with clean-up and cross-training duties. As a new employee in an entry level position, the employee will need to learn and meet all Seneca’s safety, quality and production standards. Employees in a Production Utility position are able to bid onto other non-entry level positions immediately after hire and are expected to move into another position in as close to 90 days as possible.
- Clean up mill floor and basement while the mill is running, using brooms, shovels and wheelbarrows
- Clean up accessible woody debris while the mill is running, making sure that it is small enough to run through the chipper using axes and chain saws
- Clean up sawmill equipment when the mill shuts down using proper lock out/tag out and fall protection procedures
- Set carrier blocks for new units of lumber
- Ability to cross train on various machine centers throughout the production mill floor
- Use iPad and touchscreen panel views to operate machinery and respond to errors
- Perform basic math skills such as counting, addition and multiplication for tally sheets
- Ability to constantly bend and twist body
- Ability to constantly reach with arms and use hands to maneuver material
- Ability to stand continuously on asphalt
- Ability to work respectfully with others
- Keep work areas clean and follow all safety guidelines
- Work Environment/PPE/Physical & Mental Demands/Skills:
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work is performed on a variety of flooring surfaces such as: cement, asphalt, wood and expanded metal
- Worker is subject to several flights of expanded metal stairs several times per day, going from the basement, to the mill floor and to other areas in the mill
- Some work is performed under cover with ambient temperatures
- Some work is performed outdoors on a covered and elevated catwalk (approx. 3 feet)
- 6 months mill, manufacturing or experience in an industrial setting preferred.
- 6 months work experience at one employer and within the last 12 months required.
- Must be able to work day and swing shift hours with O.T. as needed.
We offer competitive wages, a generous medical benefits coverage package, 401K with employer match, paid holidays and paid vacation.
Deadline to Apply: March 18, 2020.
Salary: 16.20 Hourly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.