Website Willamette Crushing Company
Willamette Crushing Co. is part of Wildish Group of Companies.
Wildish, a family owned company, has been a trusted and reputable name since 1935. Our rich history and deep experience have made us one of the most diversified and focused companies in the state of Oregon. Wildish Group of Companies provide a unique capability in accomplishing different types of projects. With the corporate office and main plant in Eugene, Oregon, as well as a satellite office in Fairview, Oregon, we serve our clients throughout the Northwest.
We provide processed aggregates, asphalt concrete, and Portland cement concrete within an 80 mile radius of our plant site. We also perform work on commercial and industrial buildings, sports facilities, site work, highways, bridges, airports utility work, light and heavy rail, and wastewater/water treatment plants.
Job Title: Quality Control Technician, Willamette Crushing Co.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform activities in a safe manner.
- Keep lab and workstation clean and tidy.
- Collect samples of aggregates, asphalt concrete and liquid asphalt from production equipment.
- Perform tests in lab on aggregates sampled: sample reduction, moisture content, gradation, bulk specific gravity, fracture, elongate particles.
- Perform tests in lab on samples of asphalt concrete: sample reduction, moisture content, oil content, gradation, maximum specific gravity, bulk specific gravity.
- Enter data into computer database and transmit results to production personnel.
- Perform field tests on plastic concrete.
- Perform field density tests on subgrade, base aggregate and asphalt concrete.
- Entry level position. Training and necessary certifications provided, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- State agency certification desired.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products desired.
- Work day or night shift.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Must be reliable, honest, and hardworking.
- Must have a valid driver s license and be insurable.
- Must be able to follow OSHA, MSHA, and Wildish policies for safety and conduct.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Position is subject to random drug testing.
- Strength/Flexibility: Ability to climb, kneel, stoop, reach, bend, squat, frequent lifting as heavy as 70 lbs, stretching, sitting, and walking on uneven ground and stairs.
- Dexterity: Capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Respiratory Capacity: Capable of wearing a respiratory protection device while working in hazardous atmospheric conditions.
- Endurance: Capable of performing assigned duties for eight or more hours at a time in hot, cold, daylight, nighttime, wet and/or dusty environments, and in noisy or jarring conditions.
- Responsiveness: Capable of identifying through sight, sound, smell and/or touch, and reacting quickly to hazardous situations.
- Communication: Capable of verbally asking questions, responding to questions, relaying information, and alerting others to hazardous situations.
- Mental: Capable of understanding and following instructions, solving problems presented by unexpected equipment conditions, and recognizing and following common safety practices.
The above listing is a general guide. The job description may not be all inclusive, nor may it be all applicable to particular job circumstances. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
We are offering competitive wages and benefits.
ATTENTION MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVERS:
Before you complete an application to drive a motor vehicle for Wildish, please understand the following:
Wildish has a zero tolerance for alcohol abuse, illicit drug use (including marijuana and cannabis products), and harassment of any kind.
Wildish requires your driving record to be free of any major driving convictions for the past five years. These include, but may not be limited to:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Felony, homicide, or manslaughter involving the use of a motor vehicle.
- Aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.
- Operating a vehicle during a period of suspension or revocation.
- Operating a motor vehicle without owner s authority (grand theft).
- Reckless, negligent, or careless driving.
- Racing or excessive speed (exceeding 20 mph over posted speed limit).
- Hit and run (bodily injury or property damage) driving.
If you cannot meet these basic standards, please do not apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.