Website Young Mountain Tea
SUMMARY: Young Mountain Tea is a mission-driven importer, retailer, and wholesaler of organic specialty teas from India and Nepal. The Operations Lead will be the primary point person for running the company’s local operations based out of Springfield, Oregon. The position has significant growth opportunities including international supply chain management.
OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES: Leading local operations out of our Springfield headquarters including the following responsibilities:
- Order fulfillment (order creation, shipping)
- Inventory management (projecting needs, monthly inventory counts, finished good totals, procurement, receiving)
- Production (packaging tea and exploring outsourcing to a co-packer)
- FDA and USDA compliance (Food safety documentation and inspections)
- Customer Service (e-commerce and wholesale)
- As a small and growing business, our needs are always changing. We need someone who is able to adapt quickly to evolving situations and is eager to grow with us.
- Experience with spreadsheets (both Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel), preferably specific to inventory management
- Managing multiple timelines across different logistic systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable with math
- Able to lift up to 50 lb for short periods of time.
- Not required but highly desirable: Previous experience working with food safety or in a food production facility
- Able to thrive with minimal guidance
- Tech-savvy and analytical
- Organized, efficient and reliable
- Optistmic team player that enjoys contributing to small-team dynamics
COMPENSATION: $15-$17/hour based on experience. The position will start at 30-35 hours/week. Benefits: Retirement savings program, paid-time off, flexible schedule, and all the tea you can drink!
APPLY: If interested in applying for this position, please email the following to Raj Vable at [email protected]
Resume (no more than 1 page)
Cover Letter (no more than 1 page)
3 references including email address and phone number. Please let them know they might be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit youngmountaintea.com.